Teachers' Aides Writing Workshop
Helping Teachers' Aides develop the understanding to effectively support the teaching of writing.
This two-hour writing workshop provides practical tips and strategies for Teachers’ Aides working with primary school writers.
This workshop specifically caters to the diverse role of Teachers’ Aides and will assist Teachers’ Aides to deliver quality support to classroom teachers and students on intervention programs.
Participants will gain understandings about supporting students on intervention programs and working with writing groups in classrooms. Topics covered will include:
- The Writing Process
- Shared Writing (jointly constructing texts to provide higher levels of support)
- Interactive Writing (navigating writing tasks with struggling writers)
- Guided Writing (supporting groups of students to construct and record their own texts)
- How to identify the challenges in writing tasks
- Assisting reluctant writers
- Supporting students before and during writing
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival
$75 + GST (Limited spaces are available so please register early.)
$125 +GST (when purchased together with the two-hour Teachers' Aides Reading workshop)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers' Aides and optionally, Teachers or Administrators supporting Teachers' Aides.
Where and when?
This workshop is scheduled as a once only event on 19 March at Logan.
- If you are attending both sessions, lunch can be purchased at the venue or is available at one of the many dining options at the Logan Hyperdome.
- This workshop will be videoed.