Teachers' Aides Reading Workshop
Helping Teachers' Aides develop the understanding to effectively support the teaching of reading.
This two-hour reading workshop provides practical tips and strategies for Teachers’ Aides working with primary school readers.
This workshop specifically caters to the diverse role of Teachers’ Aides and will assist Teachers’ Aides to deliver quality support to classroom teachers and students on intervention programs.
Participants will gain understandings about supporting students on intervention programs and working with reading groups in classrooms. Topics covered will include:
- The Reading Process
- Shared Reading (adjusting support when texts are difficult)
- Structured Reading (navigating difficult texts with struggling readers)
- Guided Reading (supporting students to read instructional-level texts)
- How to identify the challenges in texts
- How to provide suitable supports
- Effective book introductions
- Before, During and After Reading: What to talk about
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival
$75 + GST (Limited spaces are available so please register early.)
$125 +GST (when purchased together with the two-hour Teachers' Aides Writing workshop)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers' Aides and optionally, Teachers or Administrators supporting Teachers' Aides.
Where and when?
This workshop is scheduled as a once only event on 19 March at Logan.
- If you are attending both sessions, lunch can be purchased at the venue or is available at one of the many dining options at the Logan Hyperdome.
- This workshop will be videoed.