Intervention Strategies (Reading & Writing)
Teaching reading and writing to the hard to teach or struggling students.
Intervention Strategies (Reading & Writing) is a practical full-day webinar for support teachers, classroom teachers and school officers working with struggling readers & writers. Whether supporting small groups or individuals, this professional learning provides essential strategies to promote engagement, assist and accelerate learning.
Topics to be addressed in this webinar include:
- How the Science of Reading relates to struggling readers and writers
- Teaching for reciprocity
- What is it?
- Why do it?
- When and How to do it?
- The Reading Process (skills and knowledge to):
- decode words
- comprehend ideas
- Pedagogy overviews:
- Identifying relevant learning intentions; crafting clear success criteria
- Modelled and Shared Reading and how these should be used with struggling readers
- Modelled and Joint Construction and how these should be used with struggling writers
- Focused teaching approaches:
- Guided Reading & Guided Writing
- Structured Reading & Interactive Writing
- Modified Reading Recovery (accelerating small groups)
- Strategies for teaching fluency
- Strategies for engaging reluctant readers and writers
- Focused feedback
You will receive:
- webinar notes
Should you attend?
This webinar is suitable for Teachers of years 2-6, intervention teachers and support personnel working with struggling readers and/or writers.
$195 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
See our webinar calendar for dates and times.