... planning for and deepening understandings about teaching writing
Articulating ideas clearly and coherently, both verbally and in writing is essential in school and beyond. In this 4.5 hour video presentation, participants will examine the writing process, pedagogies and teaching content, including the importance of oral language across the primary years. Attendees will specifically explore:
- stages of the writing process and the importance of developing self-reliance
- pedagogical approaches and how these relate to teaching writing and ensuring a balanced writing program
- shared/joint construction
- crafting vs mechanical skills and strategies
- developing strategies for crafting texts (authorial knowledge)
- developing recording skills (secretarial knowledge)
- developing editing skills (knowing how to improve a draft)
- examples of deep and surface level skills and strategies which target audience, ideas, text structure, paragraphing, cohesion, sentence structure and grammar, punctuation and spelling
- importance of writing stamina
- timetabling writing instruction
Expressions of interest
Video presentations will be progressively rolled out through May to August 2020. Once each video is available, you will be able to register online. Until then, express your interest below, to receive notification of when registrations are open.
You will receive:
- presentation notes
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
Your classroom resource will be dispatched within two business days of your registration. Presentation notes will be available for download once you login.
$145 + GST (per person)
The Primary Writing video presentation is suitable for Teachers of years 2-6.