Teachers' Aides Reading
Helping Teachers' Aides develop the understanding to effectively support the teaching of reading.
This two-hour reading video presentation provides practical tips and strategies for Teachers’ Aides working with primary school readers.
This workshop specifically caters to the diverse role of Teachers’ Aides and will assist Teachers’ Aides to deliver quality support to classroom teachers and students on intervention programs.
Participants will gain understandings about supporting students on intervention programs and working with reading groups in classrooms. Topics covered will include:
- The Reading Process
- Shared Reading (adjusting support when texts are difficult)
- Structured Reading (navigating difficult texts with struggling readers)
- Guided Reading (supporting students to read instructional-level texts)
- How to identify the challenges in texts
- How to provide suitable supports
- Effective book introductions
- Before, During and After Reading: What to talk about
This workshop was presented to a live audience.
You will receive:
- 30 day access to all videos
- presentation notes
- a certificate of completion
Presentation notes will be available for download once you login.
$59 (per person) +GST
The Teachers' Aides Reading video presentation is suitable for Teachers' Aides and optionally, Teachers or Administrators supporting Teachers' Aides.