Teaching Writing in the Early Years
Teaching for assured success is paramount to improving students’ writing and developing self monitoring behaviours. Teachers of writing must offer a balance of instruction in order to design quality texts as well as to improve students’ use of writing conventions such as spelling, punctuation, capitalization, paragraph breaks, grammar and usage.
Students’ overall success in writing is dependent on a number of factors. These are:
- identifying the audience
- identifying the purpose (text type)
- recognising and applying the traits of good writing
You will be shown:
- the traits of good writing
- a selection of mini lesson ideas to improve students’ abilities to design literary and non literary texts
- a framework for managing the writing program
- the importance of using students’ writing samples to inform future planning
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
- afternoon tea on arrival
$75 + GST
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers in years 1 to 3.