Speaking & Writing
Did you know our services extend beyond the school setting? Whether you are in childcare, publishing, a community group or seeking a conference speaker, we can assist you.
Planning an event or organising a conference? Literacy Solutions can assist. We are able to deliver one of our most popular presentations or tailor a presentation to your specific needs.
Angela Ehmer has presented at breakfast meetings, parent evenings, publishing events and conferences. Whether it is a speaking engagement for an intimate gathering or a large group, we are able to support the needs of your clientele. Some of our previous speaking engagements include:
- Parent information sessions
- Classroom Helper courses
- Teachers’ Aide training
- Curriculum Leaders’ cluster meetings
- School Leaders’ meetings
- International Reading Association Conference (Auckland 2010)
- Smith Family / Optus - Student to Student National Reading Program
- Macmillan Publishing National Sales Conference (2008, 2010)
- Chatter Matters Community Language
Interested in having Angela speak at your conference or event? Get in touch.
Angela Ehmer has authored for leading educational publisher Macmillan and has been highly praised for her easy to read writing style and practical ideas. Angela's commitment to linking teaching strategies to student outcomes and current curriculum has made her recent work on Macmillan's reading scheme, Springboard, highly regarded in the publishing industry and with teachers.
Central to the success of these notes is the way Angela has provided:
- step by step instruction outlining what to say and what to do when facilitating small group guided reading
- follow up teaching sessions that link to each of the four reading practices (Freebody & Luke)
- a partner or cooperative task based on the multiple intelligences (Gardiner)
- a set of black line masters to support the multiple intelligences (Gardiner), four reading practices (Freebody & Luke) and knowledge of text types.
Angela has also completed teaching notes to support Macmillan, Learn Abouts, and Springboard Response Cards to support independent learning.
In June 2009, the "All you need to teach... Comprehension", ages 5-8, 8-10 and 10+, authored by Angela, were released, These are now available from Macmillan.