Guided Reading: teaching and coaching for active problem solving
This 90 minute workshop will explore:
- the rationale for guided reading
- the difference between guided reading and round robin reading
- student grouping
- the teacher as coach
- the responsibilities of students
- strategies for increasing student participation
- ways to foster rich conversations around texts
- teaching for assured success
- explicit teaching within guided reading
- guided reading/reciprocal teaching: developing independence in years 3-6
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- afternoon tea on arrival
$85 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers in years P to 6.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.