Teaching Reading in Years 3 & 4
Deconstructing and constructing effective programs
This full-day workshop addresses the needs of teachers in Years 3 and 4 and empowers them to plan and deliver powerful reading instruction and build student independence in the use of problem solving actions.
Topics to be examined include:
- best practice models to teach reading (modelled, shared, guided, reciprocal);
- ways to embed the teaching of reading in other subject areas;
- higher order prompts and strategies;
- running records (making inferences about what students are doing and what they must learn to do, in order to code break more challenging words and comprehend more complex ideas);
- planning, organising and timetabling an effective reading program in Years 3 & 4;
- planning relevant tasks for promoting reflection and strategy mastery.
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
$275 + GST
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers and Teachers' Aides in years 3 to 4.