Teachers' Aides Reading Workshop
Helping Teachers' Aides develop the understanding to effectively support the teaching of reading.
This one day reading workshop provides practical tips and strategies for Teachers’ Aides working with young readers.
This workshop specifically caters to the diverse role of Teachers’ Aides and will assist Teachers’ Aides to deliver quality support to classroom teachers and students on intervention programs.
Participants will gain understandings about supporting students on intervention programs and improving the quality of support provided to teachers and students. Topics covered will include:
- Shared Reading (explicitly teaching reading strategies to small groups of struggling readers)
- Structured Reading (providing intervention for individuals and small groups)
- Guided Reading (supporting classroom reading programs)
To build knowledge of the reading process, the workshop will also address prompts and strategies which improve students’ abilities to problem solve and navigate texts.
Special attention is given to:
- Introducing texts in reading
- Identifying challenges in reading
- Providing supports to assist students to overcome these challenges
- Making judgements using data and observations
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
- tea/coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
$195 + GST (Limited spaces are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers' Aides and optionally, Teachers or Administrators supporting Teachers' Aides.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.