Primary Writing Workshop
... planning for and deepening understandings about teaching writing
Articulating ideas clearly and coherently, both verbally and in writing is essential in school and beyond. In this full day workshop participants will examine the writing process, pedagogies and teaching content, including the importance of oral language across the primary years. Attendees will specifically explore:
- stages of the writing process and the importance of developing self-reliance
- pedagogical approaches and how these relate to teaching writing and ensuring a balanced writing program
- shared/joint construction
- crafting vs mechanical skills and strategies
- developing strategies for crafting texts (authorial knowledge)
- developing recording skills (secretarial knowledge)
- developing editing skills (knowing how to improve a draft)
- examples of deep and surface level skills and strategies which target audience, ideas, text structure, paragraphing, cohesion, sentence structure and grammar, punctuation and spelling
- importance of writing stamina
- timetabling writing instruction
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
$275 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers and Teachers'Aides of years 2 to 6.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates. Please note that workshops not identified in your location can be booked directly and hosted at your school.