Whether listening to, viewing or reading a text, the central goal is to make meaning. Proficient readers integrate their knowledge of topics and ideas, texts and text types, authors' intents and the language system of English as they navigate through increasingly more difficult texts.
What are the thinking strategies used to comprehend texts and what do proficient readers think and do in order to improve their understandings?
Participants at this workshop will examine the:
- inner dialogue of proficient readers
- comprehension strategies
- options for enhancing comprehension and improving student participation
- use of the Three-Level Guide
- importance of explicit teaching and coaching in developing independence
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- one set of Quick Reference Guide Wall Charts
- afternoon tea on arrival
$85 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers in years 3 to 6.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.