Raising Comprehension Levels
Strategies to lift competent readers.
This 90-minute webinar examines the approaches and pedagogies for assisting and developing capacity in students who have potential to reach the Upper Two Bands (U2B), or for students who are currently working in the U2B in reading.
Content addressed in this webinar includes:
- Assessment and capturing data – What students know and what they need to know when working in the U2B
- Text Complexity – The features of quality, complex texts and the skills and strategies students need to engage and succeed
- Quality Questioning – High-yield questioning, including text dependent questions, to assist students to develop deeper understandings and hidden meanings in texts
- Text Structures – Recognising and using organisational frameworks to support comprehension, note-taking and note-making
- Critical thinking – Scaffolding the learning process to promote critical thinking, before, during and after reading to promote deeper understandings
- Independent Learning – Developing rich tasks which promote higher order thinking and determine when to offer scaffolding, when to support students to problem solve and work independently
You will receive:
- webinar notes (downloadable at the beginning of the session)
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers of Years 1 to 6.
$59 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
See our webinar calendar for dates and times.