Teaching Writing Years 3-6
Strategies for narrative, persuasive & informative texts.
This full-day workshop for years 3 to 6 Teachers explores the mechanical, technical and authorial skills and knowledge required to compose literary and non-literary texts. The structural and language features of narrative, persuasive and informational texts will be examined.
Workshop content will also address:
- teaching approaches for teaching large and small groups
- gathering data to inform large and small group instruction
- ways to embed explicit teaching in quick writing tasks
- reviewing and revising drafts
- strategies for scaffolding and developing independence
- strategies to build confidence, take risks and explore new ideas.
Teachers may wish to bring a first draft writing sample for group discussion and review. Note: Please bring 20 copies of the draft, or email us your sample prior to the workshop and we will select a suitable sample from the submissions received.
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
$255 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers of years 3 to 6.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.