Teaching Reading in Years 1-3
This full-day workshop addresses the needs of teachers in Years 1-3 and empowers them to plan and deliver powerful reading instruction and build student independence in the use of problem solving actions.
Topics to be examined include:
- best practice models to teach reading (modelled, shared, guided);
- ways to address the teaching of reading in other subject areas;
- the reading process including prompts and strategies;
- running records (making inferences about what students are doing and what they must learn to do);
- planning, organising and running an effective reading program in Years 1-3;
- planning relevant tasks for promoting overlearning and independence.
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- The Task Card Book (Independent Learning Tasks for Reading and Quick Ideas for Lightning Writes)
$255 + GST (Limited spaces are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers and Teachers' Aides in years 1 to 3.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.