Teachers' Aides Writing Workshop
Helping Teachers' Aides develop the understanding to effectively support the teaching of writing.
This one day writing workshop provides practical tips and strategies for Teachers’ Aides working with young writers.
This workshop specifically caters to the diverse role of Teachers’ Aides and will assist Teachers’ Aides to deliver quality support to classroom teachers and students on intervention programs.
Participants will gain understandings about supporting students on intervention programs and improving the quality of support provided to teachers and students. Topics covered will include:
- Joint Construction (explicitly teaching writing strategies to individuals or small groups of struggling writers)
- Interactive Writing (providing intervention for individuals and small groups)
- Guided Writing (supporting classroom writing programs)
To build knowledge of the writing process, the workshop will also address prompts and strategies which improve students’ abilities to problem solve and navigate texts.
Special attention is given to:
- Identifying challenges in writing
- Providing supports to assist students to overcome these challenges
- Making judgements using data and observations
$165 + GST (Limited spaces are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers' Aides and optionally, Teachers or Administrators supporting Teachers' Aides.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.