Explicit Teaching of Reading
Focused, rigorous instruction is essential for clearly communicating teaching/learning goals to students. A teacher’s ability to identify and understand the strategic actions for problem solving, challenges within texts, student knowledge and the reading process are vital to planning and delivering powerful instruction.
Participants at this workshop will examine:
- How teaching goals are identified
- How to ensure rigorous instruction
- Examples of word solving strategies and strategic actions
- Examples of comprehension strategies and strategic actions
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- One set of Quick Reference Guide Wall Charts
- afternoon tea on arrival
$75 + GST (Limited spaces are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers in years P to 7.