Teaching Diverse Learners Years 1-2
Differentiating for top & bottom students.
Teaching Diverse Learners is a full-day workshop aimed at assisting teachers of years 1 and 2 to differentiate literacy instruction for the top and bottom groups.
Meeting the needs of all learners is a challenge faced by most teachers. This workshop provides teachers with practical classroom ideas and high yield strategies to accelerate the progress of struggling readers and writers and extend students' achieving at the top of the cohort.
Workshop content includes:
- options for differentiating instruction for hard to teach readers and writers
- options for differentiating instruction for above average, “expert” readers and writers
- strategies for problem solving words and ideas
- strategies for promoting active involvement and improved comprehension, including peer reading (partner as tutor), literature circles, focused book discussion groups and comprehension journals.
- strategies for yielding a higher return in writing.
You will receive:
- workshop notes
- tea/coffee on arrival, morning tea and lunch
- a Literacy Solutions' classroom resource
$275 + GST (Limited places are available so please register early.)
RSVP: Five (5) working days prior to workshop
Should you attend?
This workshop is suitable for Teachers of years 1-2.
Where and when?
See our workshop calendar for locations, venues and dates.